The most popular alternative is Cairo Shell, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 10 alternatives to Liteshell so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Liteshell alternatives are WindowBlinds (Paid), bbLean (Free, Open Source), BB4Win (Free, Open Source) and Emerge Desktop (Free, Open Source).
- Cairo is a desktop environment for Windows. Its goal is to develop a desktop experience that increases productivity and advances current technology standards.
- WindowBlinds is a computer program that allows users to skin the Windows graphical user interface.
- bbLean is the lean version of Blackbox for Windows. It tries to keep balance between features and complexity, to give you some efficient means within a compact shell.
- BB4Win (Blackbox for Windows) is an alternative shell for Microsoft Windows. The program aims to emulate the look and feel of a Linux based desktop.
- Emerge Desktop is a replacement Windows "shell" (the desktop environment normally provided by Windows Explorer) for Windows 2000 and above.
- SharpEnviro (or SharpE) is an open source shell replacement system for Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Talisman Desktop is a configurable Windows shell replacement introduced in 1997 by Lighttek Software.
- GeoShell - The premier minimalist Windows shell replacement. It replaces the default Explorer interface.
- SmartWindows streamlines the way you work. It is perfect for professionals looking to optimize the overall work experience or switch between projects.
- Easily create and add additional style modes to Windows 10. (Stardock alternative software to its WindowBlinds, for Windows 10).