John's Background Switcher
John’s Background Switcher (or JBS for short) periodically changes the wallpaper on your computer (like every hour or every day) to something interesting. JBS sits in yo...
- Freemium • Proprietary
What is John's Background Switcher?
John’s Background Switcher (or JBS for short) periodically changes the wallpaper on your computer (like every hour or every day) to something interesting. JBS sits in your system tray (down by the clock) and changes your background at the time interval of your choosing. You tell it where to get pictures from and how to show them – maybe you just want to see one photo at a time or maybe you’d like to see a ‘Snapshot Scrapbook‘ of photos thrown across your desktop. It’s up to you and you never know what’s coming next!
You can specify which pictures to choose from:
- Individual pictures on your computer.
- Folders containing pictures on your computer such as ‘My Pictures’.
- Flickr photo sharing – selecting pictures by person, tags, sets or just plain random. You never know what you’re going to get next!
- Facebook – your friends photos on your desktop!
- Instagram – photos from the most awesome photo app out there!
- Vladstudio wallpapers – choose from the coolest wallpapers on the net!
- Any Media RSS feed – choose pictures from sites like DeviantArt, Photobucket, LOLCats and Zooomr amongst many others!
- Phanfare web albums – keep up to date with your friends and family.
- smugmug photo galleries – yours, your friends, anybody’s!
- Picasa Web Albums – choose from specific albums or any search text.
- Webshots – if you’re a Webshots user, you can choose from your online or downloaded photos and collections.
- Google Image Search – get pictures from anywhere across the internet.
John's Background Switcher Screenshots
John's Background Switcher Features
John's Background Switcher information
Comments and Reviews
CategoriesOS & Utilities • Photos & Graphics
Lists containing John's Background SwitcherDaily Life Tutas2k • My Current Favourite Applications
Recent user activities on John's Background Switcher
- AdinanCenci added
- RemovedUser added John's Background Switcher as alternative(s) to Damask
- yongqi liked John's Background Switcher
the best I found for two monitors.
At least for what I have been wanting to use it, John's Background Switcher have been my to go program for years now. I wanted an app where it would use my handpicked pictures and after half a day it would switch them around to another. It is lightweight, sits hidden in the system tray and if you double click it's icon, it will replace the backgrounds, in case I wanted to flip through some of them manually. Also, if you have multiple monitors, it will place different backgrounds on each of them.
I am giving it 5 stars, but again, only for what I wanted to use it for, as I have never delved into it fetching pictures online from different sources.
Love this app- but it's free, not freemium. If you choose not to buy a license, the app remains fully functional.
For some reason the 'like' function is not working on John's Background Switcher...
Great tool! A really nice feature is the support for two monitors - it is possible to show different wallpapers on each monitor.
Your pictures showed by this software can be scaled a certain way.