GNU Typist - gtypist
GNU Typist (also called gtypist) is a universal typing tutor. You can learn correct typing and improve your skills by practising its exercises on a regular basis.
- Free • Open Source
What is GNU Typist - gtypist?
GNU Typist (also called gtypist) is a universal typing tutor. You can learn correct typing and improve your skills by practising its exercises on a regular basis. Its main features are:
- It is free software released under the GNU General Public License. In addition, it is an official program of the GNU project.
- It comes with several typing tutorials: in Czech, English (QWERTY, Dvorak and Colemak keyboards), Russian and Spanish, as well as simpler exercises in German, French and Norwegian.
- It interprets a simple and intuitive scripting language that describes typing tutorials. You can easily modify existing tutorials or create new ones according to your needs.
- It supports internationalization and already has an interface in Czech, English, Finnish, French, German and Spanish.
- Users can navigate through lessons through an easy to use arrow key based menu interface. 'vi' up, down, left and right keys can be used too!
- Thanks to its execution in text mode with the curses library, it can be compiled and used on several operating systems, in particular on GNU/Linux and GNU/Hurd, on several variants of Unix, as well as on Windows with the PDCurses library and MinGW.
GNU Typist - gtypist Screenshots
No features, maybe you want to suggest one?Suggest and vote on features
GNU Typist - gtypist information
Comments and Reviews
No comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?Post a comment/review
- Touch Typing
CategoryOS & Utilities
Recent user activities on GNU Typist - gtypist
- K0RR added GNU Typist - gtypist as alternative(s) to Typing Mentor
- evergunst added GNU Typist - gtypist as alternative(s) to Type Fasterev
- zacktamondo added GNU Typist - gtypistza