What is Gitabase?
This app contains all the following texts translated and commented for us by ISKCON founder His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada:
- Bhagavad Gita As It Is (current edition)
- Bhagavad Gita As It Is (1972 edition)
- Srimad Bhagavatam
- Sri Caitanya Caritamrita
- Teachings of Lord Caitanya
- Nectar of Devotion
- Nectar of Instruction
- Teachings of Queen Kunti
- Sri Brahma Samhita
- Sri Isopanisad
- Mukunda Mala Stotra
- Narada Bhakti Sutra
All the texts (the texts database) will be downloaded to your device and you will always be able to quickly access them even if there is no internet connection.
This app also offers the following additional functions:
- Instant search in all the books or just selected book/chapter
- Addition of notes/questions to texts, highlighting selected texts
- Tagging of your notes
- Sharing texts via SMS, email, social networks.
- Adding your own questions/notes not associated to a text.
This application is distributed for free - you can download the app and the database on the "Downloads" tab. However additional functions may require donation in future to collect funds for further development of this project.
Comments and Reviews
Said about Gitabase as an alternative
Navigation is very intuitive. It contains all pre 1977 year Books. Prabhupada's collection of letters and lecture transcripts. These lectures are mapped to their verses. It is FREE.