What is Fractal?
Fractal is a Matrix messaging app for GNOME written in Rust. Its interface is optimized for collaboration in large groups, such as free software projects.
- Find rooms to discuss your favorite topics, or talk privately to people, securely thanks to end-to-end encryption
- Send rich formatted messages, files, or your current location
- Reply to specific messages, react with emoji, edit or remove messages
- View images, and play audio and video directly in the conversation
- See who has read messages, and who is typing
- Log into multiple accounts at once (with Single-Sign On support)
Fractal Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- End-to-End EncryptionFractal has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Privacy focusedFractal is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Ad-freeFractal doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- DecentralizedFractal is based on a decentralized infrastructure with no single entity controlling it.
- Dark ModeFractal supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Multiple Account supportFractal support multiple accounts without the need to logout and login
- Developed byChristopher Davis
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 5
- Alternatives8 alternatives listed
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about Fractal, and it has gotten 11 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
Fractal platform details
Flatpak is the recommended installation method.