Open Source Adobe Flash Player Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Lightspark, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 12 alternatives to Adobe Flash Player so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Adobe Flash Player alternatives are Gnash (Free, Open Source), Ruffle (Free, Open Source), Swfdec (Free, Open Source) and OpenSilver (Free, Open Source).
- Lightspark is an LGPLv3 licensed Flash player and browser plugin written in C++/C that runs on Linux and Windows.
- GNU Gnash is the GNU Flash movie player — Flash is an animation file format pioneered by Macromedia which continues to be supported by their successor company, Adobe.
- Ruffle is a Flash Player emulator built in the Rust programming language.
- Swfdec (pronounced "swiff deck") is a decoder/renderer for Macromedia Flash animations.
- Open-source re-implementation of Silverlight on modern browsers using WebAssembly.