eCryptfs Alternatives for Windows
eCryptfs is not available for Windows but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on Windows with similar functionality. The most popular Windows alternative is TrueCrypt, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 37 alternatives to eCryptfs and many of them are available for Windows so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Windows alternatives to eCryptfs are Windows BitLocker (Paid), AES Crypt (Free, Open Source), SiriKali (Free, Open Source) and DiskCryptor (Free, Open Source).
- [TrueCrypt is not exactly "Open Source", but the source is available. See the reviews to get more information.]
- BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or inappropriately decommissioned computers.
- AES Crypt is an advanced file encryption utility that integrates with the Windows shell or runs from the Linux command prompt to provide a simple, yet powerful, tool for...
- SiriKali is a Qt/C++ GUI application that manages ecryptfs,cryfs,encfs,gocryptfs and securefs based encrypted folders. These projects are compared here.
- DiskCryptor is the only truly free solution, provided under GNU General Public License (GPLv3), which offers encryption of all disk partitions, including the system partition.
- LibreCrypt (formerly DoxBox) is an open-source disk encryption for Windows and the successor of FreeOTFEChange of name to 'LibreCrypt' in version 6.2Features:
- FreeOTFE is a free, open source, "on-the-fly" (OTFE) disk encryption program for PCs running MS Windows and Windows Mobile PDAs (FreeOTFE4PDA).
- Zed! protects your personal and sensitive data in encrypted archives on e-mail, on USB sticks and in backups.ENCRYPTION
- The Gostcrypt project has been launched at the end of 2013 as fork of the (late) Truecrypt project.
- SSuite Agnot StrongBox secures any file, document, or text message using various encryption ciphers.