Forced window mode for D3D/DirectDraw applications.
- - D3DWindower is the most popular Windows alternative to DxWnd.
- - D3DWindower is the most popular free alternative to DxWnd.
Untouched since sept 2004, according to the files in the archive.
For every window in the hierarchy, you can view its properties, like handle, class name, caption, size, position and more. You can also modify some properties, like Caption and Visible/Enabled.
- - WinExplorer is the most popular Open Source alternative to DxWnd.
With the help of 3DA you can change different graphic options under DirectX 8 and OpenGL. 3DA changes different CAP-bits for example, if a game requires HW T&L 3DA emulates these bits and the games runs on graphic boards which don't have HW T&L capabilities.Discontinued
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 2.36b, released in December 2004, can be still downloaded from the official website.
With 3D Ripper DX you can:
- capture all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during single frame;
- import captured geometry into 3D Studio Max or Maya;
- see what exactly has been drawn by each individual draw call;
- see renderstate, textures, vertex streams, index stream.
DirectX OpenGL Wrapper emulates API calls thru OpenGL commands and other platform specific commands in order to run DirectX 8 application running on other platform than Windows.
DirectX OpenGL Wrapper FeaturesDiscontinued
No updates since 2003 : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxglwrap/files/dxglwrap/
It implements and emulates the 3dfx Voodoo cards' native Glide2 and Glide3 APIs on top of OpenGL
zeckensack's Glide Wrapper FeaturesDiscontinued
No longer updated since June 2005