What is dmMediaConverter?
dmMediaConverter is a crossplatform FFmpeg frontend (GUI) exposing some of its features. It is intended to be simple and easy to use but also to be able to achieve complex tasks. I have inspired myself from a lot of media converters like Handbrake, WinFF and MkvMergeGui. One feature was lacking from most of them, video stream copy (pass-through), that made me build this.
Main features: •stream copy (video, audio, subtitle) •stream conversion - almost any codec into: •video - h264, h265, vp8, vp9, MPEG4, AV1 •audio - aac, mp3, flac, ac3, eac3, pcm, vorbis, opus •subtitles - srt, ass, ssa, mov_text, dvdsub •add multiple streams into one mkv, mp4 or any other container known by FFmpeg that accepts multiple streams (with or without reencoding). Supports multiple video streams in the same file. Also you can reorder stream position. •stream profiles - create and apply audio and video profiles •merge files with the same properties - no reencoding. Ex. Files made by a phone or camera. •merge different kind of files (different codecs, resolution, etc.) into one file. It chooses an output with the biggest width of all source files. •split a file by given time points (no reencoding) •trim a video (no reencoding) •bulk convert files using stream profiles or manual settings (no filter options for manual) •job queue - you can add multiple tasks into a job queue •parallel jobs - you can run multiple jobs in the same time (multithreading) •audio auto gain detect - it will parse the whole file and find the proper gain value (reencode) •picture settings - with changes immediately displayed (reencode) •scaling - change video resolution (use -1 to keep the aspect ratio) •cropping and padding •auto crop - detect best crop values for encoder •rotate picture in 90 degrees increments •grayscale •deinterlace •de-shake •burn subtitles (only text based for now) •watermark •Image adjustments like brightness, contrast, gamma, etc. •3D conversions: Convert between different stereoscopic image formats.. Ex. side by side to anaglyph. •manually add FFmpeg video stream filters •video aspect correction - no reencoding •write stream tags like language and title, also container title and creation time - no reencoding •metadada editor - copy, add or modify any metadata to stream and container. •chapters editor - create, import or edit chapters. Simple and efficient. •HW encoding, it supports Nvidia cards and Intel Quick Sync Video technologies for h264 and h265 depending on hw. For intel you must install Intel Media SDK 2016 or newer. •multiplatform
dmMediaConverter Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- PortabledmMediaConverter can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freedmMediaConverter doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflinedmMediaConverter can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in dmMediaConverter without registration.
- LightweightdmMediaConverter consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Support for 4KdmMediaConverter supports watching, rendering or exporting 4K content (also know as UHD or Ultra HD).
- Lossless AudiodmMediaConverter has lossless audio support, basically studio quality sound.
- Developed byMarius Dalacu
- LicensingProprietary and Free Personal product.
- Alternatives146 alternatives listed
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about dmMediaConverter, and it has gotten 16 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
Said about dmMediaConverter as an alternative
You can select all streams that you want and it does even more. It is more complex though.