Dicty AlternativesDictionaries and other similar apps like Dicty
GoldenDict is an open-source dictionary program for PC computers that gives translations of words and phrases for different languages. It allows use of several popular dictionary file formats simultaneously.
- - GoldenDict is the most popular Windows, Android, Mac & Linux alternative to Dicty.
- - GoldenDict is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Dicty.
StarDict is a Cross-Platform and international dictionary Software. It has powerful features such as "Glob-style pattern matching", "Scan selection word," "Fuzzy query," etc. Stardict Version3.
- - StarDict is the most popular Web-based alternative to Dicty.
The project seems to be no longer updated. Last version, 3.0.6, released in January 2015, but it can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
Client/server software, human language dictionary databases, and tools supporting the DICT protocol (RFC 2229).
MDict is a multi-platform open dictionary. It doesn't have built-in datas but use database convert/built by other users. Features:
- - MDict is the most popular iPhone & iPad alternative to Dicty.
ColorDict is a StarDict compatible universal dictionary for Android. You can search words and idioms in many dictionaries at once. You don't need an internet connection to search because StarDict dictionaries are stored in the sdcard.
2450 free basic offline dictionaries in 50 languages available for download. In-built WordNet dictionary, the biggest English language free dictionary. Self-learning module in the form of flashcards. Lexpanse also uses Wikipedia and Wiktionary.
- - Lexpanse is the most popular Android Tablet alternative to Dicty.
An application for viewing StarDict dictionaries and dictionaries in Lingvo DSL format.
- - Dictionary Universal is the most popular commercial alternative to Dicty.
Dictionary Universal Features