Context Highlight Alternatives
The all-in-one search addon: just select and search. Find on multiple websites at once. Search via overlay, context menu or omnibar. Featuring anonymous profiles. Easy setup: select from 1000+ user generated searches. Cross-browser sync.
- - Trufflepiggy - Quick Search is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Context Highlight.
- - Trufflepiggy - Quick Search is the most popular free alternative to Context Highlight.
Trufflepiggy - Quick Search Features
Tweak your FindBar the way you like it!
- Moving findbar to the top of the browser,
- Highlight markers on scrollbar (like in Chrome) also in page source viewer,
- Find in all open tabs with showing context of found items,
- Total hits and current hit count.
- - FindBar Tweak is the most popular Open Source alternative to Context Highlight.
FindBar Tweak FeaturesDiscontinued
The add-on will not receive any more updates and will stop working by next November with Firefox 57, when XUL-based add-ons will be deprecated in favor of the WebExtensions API. See http://fasezero.com/ The extension still works on XUL-based Firefox forks like Waterfox
Wired-Marker is a permanent (indelible) highlighter that you use on Web pages. The highlighter, which comes in various colors and styles, is a kind of electronic bookmark that serves as a guide when you revisit a Web page.Discontinued
Context Search is a Firefox extension that expands the context menu's 'Search for' item into a list of installed search engines, allowing you to choose a specific search engine every time.
Context Search FeaturesDiscontinued
An add-on which highlights search terms in the scrollbar(s).
The extension works with the Finder (Ctrl+F) to help the user see where their search string is present within the web page. The Finder has a "Highlight All" feature that will cause all the matches to be highl.
Scrollbar Search Highlighter FeaturesDiscontinued
Find terms entered in the search box easily with jump-to-word buttons and highlighting. Words typed in the search box are converted into buttons that can be used to find them in the current page.Discontinued
The developer announced that he will not port the extension into WebExtensions: https://github.com/legege/searchwp/issues/113 Last version, 3.0, released in September 2016, still works on XUL-based Firefox forks like Waterfox and Pale Moon