OpenCFU is a completely open source lightweight application designed to enumerate clustered circular objects such as bacterial colonies. It can handle digital pictures as well as live stream from a video device/webcam.
The colony counter for bacterial colony counting. You can use this app on smartphones and tablets. How to use
- Touch camera icon to shoot a colony image ( petri dish etc.. )
- Select count marker ( from 5 color marker )
- Touch colonies on the image. You can erase(scratch) ma.
Is the tedium of squinting over agar plates counting bacterial colonies getting to you? Take the plates out of the lab! No, not literally. Snap a picture with your phone and you can make counting an out-of-lab experience.
Automated Colony Counter for bacterial colony counting. How to use?
- push camera button to shoot a colony image ( plate, petri dish etc.. )
- change camera resolution to low resolution ( e.g 640x480 )
- shoot a colony image
- adjust sensitivity with slider bar ( colonies in.