What is Chkrootkit?
Chkrootkit is a Linux tool to locally check for signs of a rootkit. It contains:
- chkrootkit: shell script that checks system binaries for rootkit modification.
- ifpromisc.c: checks if the interface is in promiscuous mode.
- chklastlog.c: checks for lastlog deletions.
- chkwtmp.c: checks for wtmp deletions.
- chkproc.c: checks for signs of LKM trojans.
- chkdirs.c: checks for signs of LKM trojans.
- strings.c: quick and dirty strings replacement.
- chkutmp.c: checks for utmp deletions.
Show full description ▾
Features Vote on or suggest new featuresThis app doesn't have any features at the moment.
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • dateNo comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?
List containing ChkrootkitLinux Security and Forensics
No screenshots yet
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about Chkrootkit, and it has gotten 9 likes
- Open Source and Free product.
- 7 alternatives listed
Chkrootkit was added to AlternativeTo byon Apr 27, 2009 and this page was last updated Oct 11, 2021.