What is Cake?
Cake (C# Make) is a build automation system with a C# DSL to do things like compiling code, copy files/folders, running unit tests, compress files and build NuGet packages.
• Familiar Cake is built on top of the Roslyn compiler which enables you to write your build scripts in C#.
• Cross platform Cake is available on Windows, Linux and macOS.
• Cross runtime Cake runs on .NET, .NET Core and Mono.
• Reliable Regardless if you're building on your own machine, or building on a CI system such as AppVeyor, Azure DevOps, TeamCity, TFS or Jenkins, Cake is built to behave in the same way.
• Batteries included Cake supports the most common tools used during builds such as MSBuild, .NET Core CLI, MSTest, xUnit, NUnit, NuGet, ILMerge, WiX and SignTool out of the box.
• Open source We believe in open source and so should you. The source code for Cake is hosted on GitHub and includes everything needed to build it yourself.
- 3,662 Stars
- 733 Forks
- 254 Open Issues