The bookdown package is an open-source R package that facilitates writing books and long-form articles/reports with R Markdown. Features include:
- Generate printer-ready books and ebooks from R Markdown documents.
- A markup language easier to learn than LaTeX, and to write elements such as section headers, lists, quotes, figures, tables, and citations.
- Multiple choices of output formats: PDF, LaTeX, HTML, EPUB, and Word.
- Possibility of including dynamic graphics and interactive applications (HTML widgets and Shiny apps).
- Support a wide range of languages: R, C/C++, Python, Fortran, Julia, Shell scripts, and SQL, etc.
- LaTeX equations, theorems, and proofs work for all output formats.
- Can be published to GitHub, bookdown.org, and any web servers.
- Integrated with the RStudio IDE.
- One-click publishing to https://bookdown.org .... More Info »