If you don't upload posts or stories on Instagram, but you still have to use it to keep in touch with people and contents, you now have an alternative: Barinsta is a beautiful client that allows you to browse Instagram, while giving you more options to control your data.
* Login NOT NEEDED to browse timeline and face-tagged posts from public profiles, hashtags, and locations.
* View & download posts.
* View & copy comments, captions, & biographies.
* Zoom in on pictures with ease.
* Batch download posts from feeds (Hold & Select).
* Mark profiles as favourite for quicker access. More Info »
Additional features for those logged in:
* View & download stories, highlights, and HD avatar.
* Browse feed (posts and stories), discover (by topic), DM, activity/notifications, and private profiles that you have followed.
* Most features you need to view and interact: Like, "save", write/like/reply to comments, follow/block/restrict, reply to stories, play with stickers, respond to DMs (text & picture), etc.
* View stories anonymously (by default, configurable).
* See your own liked & saved posts.
* Copy DM messages & download attachments.
* Switch between accounts.
* Prevents irrational decisions: Instagram likes are set-it-forget-it, allowing them to collect more data from you. Barinsta intentionally removes double-tap and requires you to click into posts to give it a like. Barinsta also allows you to easily access posts you've liked through your own profile.
* Allows customization: Pick your themes and layouts!
* Allows viewing at your own pace: No need to "hold" a story with your fingers!
* Not a webapp: Absolutely NO browser involved, except for login.
* Not a mod: Absolutely NO dependency of the actual Instagram app.
* We don't store passwords!
* Request what you want: The app only requests what it needs to show you the content. No communicating with useless endpoints, and only minimal data is sent to Instagram.
(We're previously known as InstaGrabber.)