Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka. The on-screen text can be saved as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA file. The program can read the clipboard content, view the text from DOC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ODT...
- - Balabolka is the most popular Windows alternative to Babble.
- - Balabolka is the most popular free alternative to Babble.
An extension for Chrome browser. Let's you select text from screen and read it. Capable of reading in different languages. Speed, pitch and other settings available.
- - Read Aloud Extension is the most popular Web-based alternative to Babble.
- - Read Aloud Extension is the most popular Open Source alternative to Babble.
Read Aloud Extension Features
NextUp.com develops Windows text to speech (TTS) software applications like TextAloud that let your computer talk with AT&T Natural Voices. TextAloud can also be in Microsoft Word as a plug-in.
- - TextAloud is the most popular commercial alternative to Babble.
eSpeak is a compact open source software speech synthesizer for English and other languages, for Linux and Windows.
- - eSpeak is the most popular Android & Linux alternative to Babble.
The last version (1.48) is from March 2014.
Natural Reader is a professional text to speech program that converts any written text into spoken words. The paid versions of Natural Reader have many more features.
- - NaturalReader is the most popular Mac alternative to Babble.
ReadAloud is a very powerful text-to-speech app which can read aloud web pages, news, documents, e-books or your own custom contents. ReadAloud can help with your busy life by reading aloud your articles while you continue with your other tasks.
Read Aloud Features
Simple TTS Reader is a small clipboard reader. Simply copy any text, and it will be read aloud. You can choose any installed speech engine, e.g. Microsoft Anna. This text-to-speech utility can also be minimized to tray.
Simple TTS Reader FeaturesDiscontinued
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 1.2, released in October 2010, can be still downloaded from the official website
Online Text to Speech by ReadSpeaker. Speech-enable web sites, mobile apps, online documents and forms so that your visitors can listen to your content.
- - ReadSpeaker is the most popular SaaS alternative to Babble.
Voice Dream Reader lets you listen to any document and ebook using text-to-speech.
- - Voice Dream Reader is the most popular iPhone & iPad alternative to Babble.
Voice Dream Reader Features
The premier Text-to-Speech solution for the Mac. GhostReader allows you to listen while your Mac does the talking in your language of choice
Central Access Reader (CAR) is a free, open source, text-to-speech application, which reads docx files and pasted text using the voices installed on your computer. It currently works only on 64-bit Windows.
Central Access Reader Features
Speech Central is a feature-packed, text-to-speech software with years of development history culminating in an easy-to-use tool that just works. Start listening, pause and pick up where you left off later. Easily build a knowledge base and convert read text to MP3.
- - Speech Central is the most popular Android Tablet alternative to Babble.