autosetup is a tool, similar to autoconf, to configure a build system for the appropriate environment, according to the system capabilities and the user-selected options.
autosetup is designed to be light-weight, fast, simple and flexible.
Notable features include:
* Easily check for headers, functions, types for C/C++
* Easily support user configuration options
* Can generate files based on templates, such as Makefile.in => Makefile
* Can generate header files based on checked features
* Excellent support for cross compilation
* Replacement for autoconf in many situations
* Runs with either Tcl 8.5+, Jim Tcl or just a C compiler (using the included Jim Tcl source code!)
* autosetup is intended to be distributed with projects - no version mismatch issues... More Info »
autosetup is particularly targeted towards building C/C++ applications on Unix systems, however it can be extended for other environments as needed.