Intuitive desktop overlay and screen marker that lets you write and draw over other desktop apps.
- - Epic Pen is the most popular Windows alternative to Annotate!Pro.
- - Epic Pen is the most popular free alternative to Annotate!Pro.
Gromit-MPX is an on-screen annotation tool that works with any Unix desktop environment under X11 as well as Wayland.
- - Gromit-MPX is the most popular Linux alternative to Annotate!Pro.
- - Gromit-MPX is the most popular Open Source alternative to Annotate!Pro.
Ardesia is an usefull software for use your desktop as a Sketchpad. You can write, markup and erase, also, of course, you can use your desktop as normal desktop.
According to website, no new version since 2012, latest issue reported was 2015.Just tested in Ubuntu 18.04, doesn't work. Was also reported to not work in Ubuntu 14.04.
Ultimate Pen is a software only solution which creates a full screen, transparent window, allowing you to draw on top of most applications. Think of Ultimate Pen as an incredibly easy way to doodle on your computer screen.
- - Ultimate Pen is the most popular commercial alternative to Annotate!Pro.
Desktop Board allows you to draw on your desktop. Just click Turn On and you are ready to draw. Its the perfect app to do sketches or you can leave your kids to have some fun drawing.