What is AirwaySim?
AirwaySim is an advanced airline simulation software that is based on the massive multiplayer online simulation concept. Each player is in charge of his own airline and acts as the CEO of the company. Player is responsible for purchasing aircraft, opening routes, hiring staff and much more.
Features and concept:
- Airline management simulation ("airline game").
- Massive multi-player online game (MMOG).
- Manage your own airline and compete against other human controlled airlines.
- Software used with a regular web browser. No additional software required, can be used anywhere easily.
- The management decisions done by a player directly affect the results of other players (for example ticket pricing).
- Players can also interact with each others for example by selling aircraft or setting up airline alliances.
- Several game worlds / game servers to choose from.
- Each game world has a dedicated theme and settings (for example the included airports, aircraft or fuel prices are set by admin for each world).
- User can be part of several game worlds at once, having a separate airline in each one.
- Game worlds support years from 1950 to 2020. The airports and aircraft selection represent realistically the selected years.
- Game clock runs under "accelerated real-time" model.
- Game world time moves forward one day at a time. One game day equals 25-50 minutes of real time, depending on game world specific settings.
- Players can make their management moves at any time regardless of the current game status or date, the calculation processes run in the background.