Agent Ransack Alternatives for Mac
DocFetcher is a portable German/English open source desktop search application. It allows you search the contents of documents on your computer. - You can think of it as Google for your local document repository.
Suggest and vote on features
- - DocFetcher is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to Agent Ransack.
- - DocFetcher is the most popular Open Source alternative to Agent Ransack.
- Full-Text SearchDocFetcher lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- PortableDocFetcher can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Built-in viewerDocFetcher shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
- Shared FoldersDocFetcher supports shared folders that can be used to store, search, and access files with multiple people.
Opinions about DocFetcher as a Alternative to Agent RansackSome users think DocFetcher is a great Agent Ransack alternative, some don't.
GCstar is a free open source application for managing your collections. Detailed information on each item can be automatically retrieved from the internet and you can store additional data, such as the location or who you've lent it to.Suggest and vote on features
ripgrep is a command line search tool that combines the usability of The Silver Searcher (an ack clone) with the raw speed of GNU grep.Suggest and vote on features
grep is a command-line utility for searching plain-text data sets for lines matching a regular expression.Suggest and vote on features
Silver Searcher is a code search tool similar to ack that claims to be much faster. It's implemented in C and has some extra features such as ignoring files per .hignore, .gitignore contents.Suggest and vote on features
The Silver Searcher Features
App::Rak provides a CLI called rak that allows you to look for a pattern in (a selection of files) from one or more directories recursively. It has been modeled after utilities such as grep, ack, ag and rg, with a little bit of find mixed in, and -n and -p parameters of many...Suggest and vote on features
Ack is designed as a standalone (one perl file) replacement for 99% of the uses of grep. ack is intelligent about the files it searches. It knows about certain file types, based on both the extension on the file and, in some cases, the contents of the file.Suggest and vote on features
SeaGOAT is an "AI-based" code search engine that you can run on your local computer, or you can run it on your server as a REST API. It can be considered an alternative to grep.
Find Any File searches your local disks for files by name, creation or modification date, size, or type and creator code (not by content, though). As there are other tools with a similar search operation, here are the special features unique to Find Any File:Suggest and vote on features
Find Any File Features
- Is this is a good alternative?YesNo24 SCAN (Smart Content Aggregation and Navigation) alternatives
- Free • Proprietary
SCAN (Smart Content Aggregation and Navigation) is a personal semantic content manager for desktop users. It combines search, text analysis, tagging and metadata functions to provide new user experience of desktop navigation and personal document management.Suggest and vote on features
SCAN (Smart Content Aggregation and Navigation) Features