ACD/ChemSketch Alternatives for Linux
Marvin suite is a chemically intelligent desktop toolkit built to help you draw, edit, publish, render, import and export your chemical structures and as well as allowing you to convert between various chemical and graphical file formats.
- - Chemaxon Marvin is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to ACD/ChemSketch.
- - Chemaxon Marvin is the most popular free alternative to ACD/ChemSketch.
Chemaxon Marvin Features
Opinions about Chemaxon Marvin as a Alternative to ACD/ChemSketch
Avogadro is an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas.
- - Avogadro is the most popular Open Source alternative to ACD/ChemSketch.
Opinions about Avogadro as a Alternative to ACD/ChemSketch
BKChem is a free (as in free software :o) chemical drawing program. It was conceived and written by Beda Kosata and is currently maintained by Reinis Danne.
The last release was in 2010.
Opinions about BKchem as a Alternative to ACD/ChemSketch
The Gnome Chemistry Utils include six chemistry related programs:
- GChemPaint, a 2D chemical formula editor.
- a chemical calculator (computes raw formule, molar weight, mass composition and isotopic pattern).
- a molecule 3d viewer using OpenGL to display molecular models. .
Gnome Chemistry Utils Features
If you are looking for a chemical sketcher or an alternative to your current chemical drawing application, there is no better choice than ChemDoodle. ChemDoodle works on all operating systems (both 32 and 64 bit), has one of the largest feature sets in the industry, has the most...
- - ChemDoodle is the most popular iPhone & iPad alternative to ACD/ChemSketch.
- - ChemDoodle is the most popular commercial alternative to ACD/ChemSketch.
Opinions about ChemDoodle as a Alternative to ACD/ChemSketch
JChemPaint is an editor and viewer for chemical structures in 2D. It is free and open source software, written in Java and so it runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Unix systems. There is a standalone application (editor), and two varieties of applet (editor and viewer) that...
MollyCule is a completely free Open Source Chemistry visualisation program for MacOS, Linux and Windows. MollyCule is designed to be a nice, easy to use program to help ordinary people who want to explore Chemistry.Discontinued
Last update appears to be August 2011.
XDrawChem is a free software program for drawing chemical structural formulas, available for Unix and Mac OS. It is distributed under the GNU GPL. In Microsoft Windows this program is called WinDrawChem.Discontinued
Last release (1.10.2-1) was in January 2017.