Mixcraft gets a modern dark interface for version 9
Acoustica has released a feature packed update to version 9 of their digital audio workstation Mixcraft. The upgrade sports improvements to practically everything and includes a revamp of the interface with a modern and stylishly dark theme. The new UI comes with new layout functionality through detachable panels and an undockable transport as well.
Other new features include:
• new effects from ToneBoosters including reverb, flexible multi-effects, parametric EQ, compressors and limiters and de-esser.
• automation curves as well as tempo and pitch automation.
• plugin parameters are now controllable by MIDI, can be side-chained to audio, and modulated by tempo-synced LFOs.
• upgraded mixer with new Gain, Preamp, Compressor, Parametric EQ, Spectrum Analyzer, and Oscilloscope mixer panels.
• new tools for drawing MIDI controller automation and new step recording piano roll.
• all new 11-band analog-style vocoder and Vocoder Tracks to easily put it to use.
• convert Audio to MIDI with Celemony Melodyne integration.
• Ignite version of Voltage Modular for crafting sounds using 45 building blocks.
Some of these features are common to most modern DAWs but some are very innovative like Vocoder Tracks that alleviate the headache of configuring a vocoder with multiple input signals. Meanwhile the inclusion of Voltage Modular Ignite makes it possible to create practically limitless sounds, no other tools needed. Altogether, it's a welcomed update in the highly competitive market of DAW software.
Official release post