Installer Creation Utilities
Say you’re ready to release a brand new piece of software into the world, and you want it to be as accessible as possible. The most important thing after being easy to download is being easy to install. That’s where these utilities come in to play! From Windows-based solutions like Inno Setup, to Linux-based .deb installer creators such as Debreate, there several solutions to creating easy-to-use installers for your new app!
- Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs. First introduced in 1997, Inno Setup today rivals and even surpasses many commercial installers in feature set and stability.
- NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers.
- The Windows Installer XML (WiX) is a toolset that builds Windows installation packages from XML source code.
- Advanced Installer is a powerful and easy to use setup authoring tool which offers full Windows Installer support and more.
- IzPack is a one-stop solution for packaging, distributing and deploying applications.
- The Silent Install Builder is a great tool if you need to quickly install a set of software on a multiple computers.
- InstallForge is a very easy-to-use and flexible tool for creating fast installation packages for Windows.
- Master Packager is an application packaging tool to create and edit Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) files and repackage other installation to MSI format.
- Powerful simple-to-use application to generate stable and multi-platform installers. Its intuitive user interface and exceptional ease of use makes it very easy to build complex desktop or web installers with large amounts of files.
- This software is designed to create 7z SFX configuration files easily. Also, it's possible to create SFX (EXE) files and you can change icon and version info.
- Spend your time developing your creations not building the installers.
- DeployMaster is the no-nonsense software installer builder from Just Great Software. Deliver your applications to customers and prospects with a good first impression.
- InstallSimple - installation package maker that lets you create installer for your files.
- Builds a professional software installer for Windows in a self-contained, compressed executable.
- Putting together a MojoSetup installer involves five general steps:1) Compile the software.2) Set up the installer filesystem structure.3) Write a config file.