WinDiff Alternatives for Linux
Beyond Compare allows you to compare files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Beyond Compare is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to WinDiff.
- - Beyond Compare is the most popular commercial alternative to WinDiff.
Beyond Compare Features
- Selective SynchronizationBeyond Compare allows you to pick which files are synced between the server and your devices.
- LightweightBeyond Compare consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Windows Explorer ExtensionBeyond Compare can extend Windows Explorer in various ways, for example add context menu options, etc..
- Full-Text SearchBeyond Compare lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Built-in viewerBeyond Compare shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
- Command line interfaceBeyond Compare either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Syntax HighlightingBeyond Compare supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- PortableBeyond Compare can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineBeyond Compare can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
Comments about Beyond Compare as a Alternative to WinDiffpros, cons and recent commentsGuest
Intuitive interface many options for looking at the data such that it makes sense to the end user, easy to determine the next step for the user based on their initial objective. I love the drag and drop from either side to the other and the way it displays the status of the job in real time.0
SemanticDiff is a programming language aware diff for Visual Studio Code and GitHub. It helps software developers understand code changes faster by hiding irrelevant changes, detecting moved code, and highlighting refactorings.
Suggest and vote on features
- - SemanticDiff is the most popular Web-based alternative to WinDiff.
- Git SupportSemanticDiff supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- LightweightSemanticDiff consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Dark ModeSemanticDiff supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Syntax HighlightingSemanticDiff supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Ad-freeSemanticDiff doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- PortableSemanticDiff can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Diffchecker Pro enables you to compare various types of content, on your desktop or directly in the browser.Suggest and vote on features
DiffPlug is a free text editor/differ and image viewer/differ. Purchasing a license allows you to diff other kinds of files such as Simulink.Suggest and vote on features