Speech Central Alternatives
Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka. The on-screen text can be saved as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA file. The program can read the clipboard content, view the text from DOC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ODT...
- - Balabolka is the most popular Windows alternative to Speech Central.
- - Balabolka is the most popular free alternative to Speech Central.
An extension for Chrome browser. Let's you select text from screen and read it. Capable of reading in different languages. Speed, pitch and other settings available.
- - Read Aloud Extension is the most popular Web-based alternative to Speech Central.
- - Read Aloud Extension is the most popular Open Source alternative to Speech Central.
Read Aloud Extension Features
NextUp.com develops Windows text to speech (TTS) software applications like TextAloud that let your computer talk with AT&T Natural Voices. TextAloud can also be in Microsoft Word as a plug-in.
- - TextAloud is the most popular commercial alternative to Speech Central.
Natural Reader is a professional text to speech program that converts any written text into spoken words. The paid versions of Natural Reader have many more features.
- - NaturalReader is the most popular Mac alternative to Speech Central.
eSpeak is a compact open source software speech synthesizer for English and other languages, for Linux and Windows.
- - eSpeak is the most popular Android & Linux alternative to Speech Central.
The last version (1.48) is from March 2014.
ReadAloud is a very powerful text-to-speech app which can read aloud web pages, news, documents, e-books or your own custom contents. ReadAloud can help with your busy life by reading aloud your articles while you continue with your other tasks.
Read Aloud Features
Simple TTS Reader is a small clipboard reader. Simply copy any text, and it will be read aloud. You can choose any installed speech engine, e.g. Microsoft Anna. This text-to-speech utility can also be minimized to tray.
Simple TTS Reader FeaturesDiscontinued
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 1.2, released in October 2010, can be still downloaded from the official website
Online Text to Speech by ReadSpeaker. Speech-enable web sites, mobile apps, online documents and forms so that your visitors can listen to your content.
- - ReadSpeaker is the most popular SaaS alternative to Speech Central.
Verbify-TTS is a simple Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine that reads for you any text on your screen with high-quality voices powered by AI models. It is free and you can use it for unlimited time (Open Source MIT LICENSE).
Voice Dream Reader lets you listen to any document and ebook using text-to-speech.
- - Voice Dream Reader is the most popular iPhone & iPad alternative to Speech Central.
Voice Dream Reader Features
DSpeech is a TTS (Text To Speech) program with functionality of ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) integrated. It is able to to read aloud the written text and choose the sentences to be pronounced upon the vocal answers of the user.