mIRC Alternatives for Mac
Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log into accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on XMPP and sitting in an IRC channel at the same time.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Pidgin is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to mIRC.
- - Pidgin is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to mIRC.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsPidgin can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Multiple Account supportPidgin support multiple accounts without the need to logout and login
- PortablePidgin can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No TrackingPidgin will not track you or use your personal data.
- Ad-freePidgin doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- VoiP CallsPidgin allows you to make voice calls over Internet using the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
Opinions about Pidgin as a Alternative to mIRCMost users think Pidgin is a great mIRC alternative.
WeeChat is a free chat client, fast and light, designed for many operating systems. It is highly customizable and extensible with scripts.Suggest and vote on features
- Command line interfaceWeeChat either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsWeeChat can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of WeeChat.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in WeeChat without registration.
- DecentralizedWeeChat is based on a decentralized infrastructure with no single entity controlling it.
- Support for @mentionsWeeChat supports the use of mentions through @ to a particular user, who will be notified personally.
- LightweightWeeChat consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No TrackingWeeChat will not track you or use your personal data.
- Ad-freeWeeChat doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Quassel IRC is a modern, cross-platform, distributed IRC client based on the Qt5 framework. Distributed means that one (or multiple) client(s) can attach to and detach from a central core that stays permanently online -- much like the popular combination of screen and a...
KVIrc is a free portable IRC client based on the excellent Qt GUI toolkit. KVirc is being written by Szymon Stefanek and the KVIrc Development Team with the contribution of many IRC addicted developers around the world.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about KVIrc as a Alternative to mIRCAlmost everyone thinks KVIrc is a great mIRC alternative.Guest
Good features, very stable and free, aside from mIRC there's nothing better out there.0Guest
It's free, has certain nice extra features and a better scripting language.1
ChatZilla is a clean, easy to use and highly extensible Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client, built on the Mozilla platform, which provides all the usual features: multiple servers, a built-in list of standard networks, easy searching and sorting of available channels, logging, and...Discontinued
Discontinued since 2017. From their website: “With the release of Firefox 57 (Firefox Quantum), it is no longer possible for ChatZilla to work as an extension in Firefox.”
LimeChat is an IRC client for Windows, Mac OS X and iOS.
Can connect to multiple servers in a window By key operation was rich, achieve a sense of comfortable operation Customization capabilities over the details Stable operation at light Search and comfortable log in.
Suggest and vote on features
- - LimeChat is the most popular iPad alternative to mIRC.
Opinions about LimeChat as a Alternative to mIRCMost users think LimeChat is a great mIRC alternative.
Textual is the world's most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on macOS.
- - Textual is the most popular commercial alternative to mIRC.
Smuxi is an irssi-inspired, flexible, user-friendly and cross-platform IRC client for sophisticated users, targeting the GNOME desktop.
An IRC-like internet chatroom hosted on ZeroNet, a distributed network. 0rc is a fully distributed website, and messages are shared through peers using the ZeroNet stack. In addition, making a new chatroom website is a simple as downloading the files and cloning the site.Suggest and vote on features
Last update on github made over 5 years (March 13, 2016).
Traditionally, chat clients on the Mac have been anything but glamorous. Colloquy is an advanced IRC, SILC & ICB client which aims to fill this void. By adhering to Mac OS X interface conventions, Colloquy has the look and feel of a quality Mac application.Suggest and vote on features
bIRC is a simple, lightweight and flexible IRC-Client written in Bash. bIRC doesn't require an installation and can be launched by executing a single script file. bIRC has plugin support and can be easily modified.Suggest and vote on features
There has been no development progress since 2012.