The most popular alternative is eSpeak, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 45 alternatives to GhostReader so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting GhostReader alternatives are Read Aloud - Browser Extension (Free, Open Source), TextAloud (Paid), Simple TTS Reader (Free) and NaturalReader (Freemium).
- Easy Speech2Text is the simplest speech recognition software used to convert your voice and speech into plain text.
- Can read PDFs by highlighting the sentence and the word that is currently being read.
- Voice is your Text-to-Speech Mac App. It offers various unique features.Ideally for learning at school, script authors, learning platforms, audio books
- Text to speech extension for a browser. Automatic text detection (can speak without necessary selection), adjustable voice speed, playlist.
- Speech Central is a feature-packed, text-to-speech software with years of development history culminating in an easy-to-use tool that just works.
- Acapela Group, the leading European voice expert leaning upon 25 years of experience, invents text-to- speech solutions to give your content a voice in up to 25 languages.
- Chrome Speak, select the text and right-click to speak with offline tts engine- Select text and select "Read the selected text" from context menu.
- CFS-Technologies Speakonia is a FREE Text-To-Speech (TTS) GUI (graphical User-Interface) Program which uses the Microsoft ® Speech Technology.
- Naturaltts.com is an online text to speech converter with natural sounding voices. Ability to download files in mp3. Available for Personal and Commercial Usage.
- Online text to speech converter that comes without subscription model. Pay for only what you need.