Procedurally generated worlds that bring virtually limitless amounts of content to players, along with dungeon crawling and permanent death, are staples of the roguelike genre. Though the genre is decades old, it has recently seen a resurgence due to the proliferation of indie development. Games such as Dwarf Fortress and Pixel Dungeon are examples of this modern revival of the genre.
- Dwarf Fortress is a single-player fantasy simulator with two modes: fortress and adventure.
- Shattered Pixel Dungeon is a Roguelike RPG, with pixel art graphics and lots of variety and replayability.
- Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is a roguelike set in a post-apocalyptic world.
- Pixel Dungeon is a traditional roguelike game with pixel-art graphics and simple interface.
- Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is an open-source, single-player, role-playing roguelike game of exploration and treasure-hunting in dungeons filled with dangerous and unfriendly...
- Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world.
- FTL is a spaceship simulation roguelike-like. Its aim is to recreate the atmosphere of running a spaceship exploring the galaxy (like Firefly/Star Trek/BSG etc.).
- Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.
- NetHack is a single player dungeon exploration game that runs on a wide variety of computer systems, with a variety of graphical and text interfaces all using the same game engine.
- Brogue is a Roguelike game for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux by Brian Walker.
- Ancient Domains of Mystery (ADOM for short) is a roguelike game which means that it is a single-user game featuring the exploration of a dungeon complex (and in the case of ADOM a...
- Desktop Dungeons is a quick-play roguelike puzzle game that gives you roughly 10 minutes of dungeon-crawling action per serving.
- Test your luck and cunning in this exciting RPG as you craft, cast, and pillage your way through Lord Dredmor's Dungeons.
- Descend into the depths of the dungeon until you reach the foul daemon known as "He who the author cannot spell consistently", or, Baezl'bub.
- Rogue-like, dungeon crawler based on Shattered Pixel Dungeon, with tons of enhancements.