Wyam AlternativesStatic Site Generators and other similar apps like Wyam
Jekyll is a simple, blog aware, static site generator. It takes a template directory (representing the raw form of a website), runs it through and Liquid converters, and spits out a complete, static website suitable for serving with Apache or your favorite web server.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Jekyll is the most popular Windows, Mac, Linux & Self-Hosted alternative to Wyam.
- - Jekyll is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Wyam.
- Support for MarkDownJekyll supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- No TrackingJekyll will not track you or use your personal data.
- Syntax HighlightingJekyll supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsJekyll can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Command line interfaceJekyll either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
GitBook is a tool for building beautiful books using Git and Markdown. It can generate your book into multiple formats:
Suggest and vote on features
- - GitBook is the most popular Web-based alternative to Wyam.
Docusaurus is a project for easily building, deploying, and maintaining open source project websites.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for MarkDownDocusaurus supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- LightweightDocusaurus consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsDocusaurus can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- WYSIWYG SupportDocusaurus integrates a WYSIWYG editor to edit the look and content of a document, page, or file.
- Ad-freeDocusaurus doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Works OfflineDocusaurus can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No Coding RequiredDocusaurus can be used without an coding or programming skills.
MkDocs is static site generator that's geared towards building project documentation. Documentation source files are written in Markdown, and configured with a single YAML configuration file.Suggest and vote on features
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsMkDocs can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
Hyperbook is a quick and easy way to build interactive workbooks, that support modern standards and run superfast. It works by compiling markdown to static pages.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for MarkDownHyperbook supports MarkDown for document formatting.
A self-hosted knowledge repository that allows you to safely preserve useful content that contributes to your own personal, searchable and extensible wiki.Suggest and vote on features
docsify generates your documentation website on the fly. Unlike GitBook, it does not generate static html files. Instead, it smartly loads and parses your Markdown files and displays them as website. All you need to do is create an index.Suggest and vote on features