Free Wget Alternatives
The most popular alternative is aria2, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Wget so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Wget alternatives are uGet (Free, Open Source), cURL (Free, Open Source), HTTPie (Free, Open Source) and ArchiveBox (Free, Open Source).
- aria2 is a multi-protocol & multi-source, cross platform download utility. The supported protocols are HTTP(S), FTP, BitTorrent (DHT, PEX, MSE/PE), and Metalink.
- Android, BSD, Linux, and Windows open source multimedia download manager.
- Client-side URL library and command-line tool for transferring data using commonplace network protocols.
- Modern command line HTTP client – user-friendly curl alternative with intuitive UI, JSON support, syntax highlighting, wget-like downloads, extensions, etc. .
- Because modern websites are complicated and often rely on dynamic content, ArchiveBox archives the sites in several different formats beyond what public archiving services like...
- Windows tool for copying and saving websites locally so they can be viewed offline.
- The aim for webui-aria2 is to create the worlds best interface to interact with...
- UnMHT adds MHT file reading/writing support to Firefox.MHT (MHTML, RFC2557) is the webpage archive format to store HTML and images, CSS into single file.
- grab-site is a crawler for archiving websites to WARC files. It includes a dashboard for monitoring multiple crawls, and supports changing URL ignore patterns during the crawl.
- PageArchiver (previously called "Scrapbook for SingleFile") is a Chrome extension that helps you to archive web pages for offline reading.Main features are: