Free WADE Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Godot Engine, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 25 alternatives to WADE so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting WADE alternatives are LÖVE (Free, Open Source), Duality (Free, Open Source), SDL (Free, Open Source) and Atomic Game Engine (Free, Open Source).
- Godot is a fully featured, open source, MIT licensed game engine. It focuses on having great tools, and a visual oriented workflow that can export to PC, Mobile and Web platforms.
- Hi there! LÖVE is an *awesome* framework you can use to make 2D games in Lua. It's free, open-source, and works on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Duality is a modular 2D game engine / editor combo, written entirely in C# and built on top of an OpenGL backend.
- Simple DirectMedia Layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video...
- The Atomic Game Engine features a cross-platform editor with deployment to Windows, OSX, Linux, WebGL, Android, and iOS.
- One framework for creating powerful cross-platform games. The spiritual successor to XNA with 1000's of titles shipped across desktop, mobile, and console platforms.
- Libgdx is a Java game development framework that provides a unified API that works across all supported platforms.
- AppGameKit is a simple cross platform game development tool that runs on Windows, Linux, MacOS and Raspberry Pi. A version to run on Android and iOS is also available.
- GeeXLab is a cross-platform demotool for 3D programming, demos creation, game development, interactive applications, creative coding and prototyping.
- GLFW is an Open Source, multi-platform library for OpenGL, OpenGL ES and Vulkan development on the desktop. It provides a simple API for creating windows, contexts and surfaces, receiving input and events.