What is VMLite MyOldPCs?
Here are the simple steps it takes to have your old PC up and running in your new PC, using VMLite:
- Get an external hard drive that can hold all the data on your old PC.
- Copy a simple MyOldPCs program to the hard drive and connect the hard drive to the old PC.
- Run the copied MyOldPCs program, which will convert your old PC to a file that can be accessed from your new PC.
- Once the conversion is done, connect the hard disk to your new PC, and start running and enjoying your old PC with VMLite Workstation
- Extremely easy to use with only a few clicks through wizard based GUI
- Supports physical to virtual machine conversion (P2V)
- Supports conversion between different virtual disk formats (V2V)
- Supports Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, client and server editions, all service packs, 32- and 64-bit
- Windows 95, 98, Windows Me and Windows NT support will be available next version
- Supports Windows and Linux as guest OSes, for example, you can convert a linux partition to a vm using MyOldPCs running on a Windows partition
- High performing volume based clone algorithm, with only used blocks are copied
- Performs live cloning while your system is fully operational
- All files, including those exclusively opened or locked by other processes, are cloned
- Supports the most complicated Windows installation scenarios
- Supports multiple partitions and multiple disks
- Supports multiple-boot system that contains Windows and Linux OSes on different partitions
- Supports mulitple-boot system that contains different Windows installations in different folders on the same partition
- Supports VMware (VMDK), Microsoft (VHD), and Sun (VDI) virtual disk formats
- Generated virtual machines can be launched by all major virtual machine engines, including VMLite Workstation, Sun's VirtualBox, VMware, Microsoft Virtual PC, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix's Xen and RedHat's KVM.
MyOldPCs trial version is available upon email request. You can send email to: email@example.com.
Features Suggest and vote on featuresThis app doesn't have any features at the moment.
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • date
Our users have written 1 comments and reviews about VMLite MyOldPCs, and it has gotten 2 likes
- Developed by VMLite Inc.
- Proprietary and Commercial product.
- 20 alternatives listed