Here are the simple steps it takes to have your old PC up and running in your new PC, using VMLite:
* Get an external hard drive that can hold all the data on your old PC.
* Copy a simple MyOldPCs program to the hard drive and connect the hard drive to the old PC.
* Run the copied MyOldPCs program, which will convert your old PC to a file that can be accessed from your new PC.
* Once the conversion is done, connect the hard disk to your new PC, and start running and enjoying your old PC with VMLite Workstation... More Info »
* Extremely easy to use with only a few clicks through wizard based GUI
* Supports physical to virtual machine conversion (P2V)
* Supports conversion between different virtual disk formats (V2V)
* Supports Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, client and server editions, all service packs, 32- and 64-bit
* Windows 95, 98, Windows Me and Windows NT support will be available next version
* Supports Windows and Linux as guest OSes, for example, you can convert a linux partition to a vm using MyOldPCs running on a Windows partition
* High performing volume based clone algorithm, with only used blocks are copied
* Performs live cloning while your system is fully operational
* All files, including those exclusively opened or locked by other processes, are cloned
* Supports the most complicated Windows installation scenarios
* Supports multiple partitions and multiple disks
* Supports multiple-boot system that contains Windows and Linux OSes on different partitions
* Supports mulitple-boot system that contains different Windows installations in different folders on the same partition
* Supports VMware (VMDK), Microsoft (VHD), and Sun (VDI) virtual disk formats
* Generated virtual machines can be launched by all major virtual machine engines, including VMLite Workstation, Sun's VirtualBox, VMware, Microsoft Virtual PC, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix's Xen and RedHat's KVM.
MyOldPCs trial version is available upon email request. You can send email to: email@example.com.