Verax SNMP agent simulator allows IT personnel to build virtual, simulated networks of devices without purchasing any additional hardware, for instance for testing purposes.
The Verax SNMP Simulator is a tool that can simulate multiple SNMPv1/v2c agents on a single host on standard 161 port through multi-netting.
Individual simulated agent responses can be initially retrieved from existing devices and modified at runtime by user defined rules. More Info »
* Management console for managing device types, addresses and their instances
* Support for multiple agents and multiple networks on a single host
* SNMP response configuration files compatible with SNMP walk output for easy creation of initial simulated agent responses from existing devices
* Rich set of rules for modifying agent responses including:
* Generation of random MAC and IP addresses, including advanced scenarios like randomizing only a part of the address (e.g. network part of an IP address is fixed, the host part varies)
* Random integer, counter and string value generation, including "one time" or "each time" scenarios
* Support for integer arithmetic operations (e.g. return value based on a sum of two other values)
* Trend based value generation (direction, step range, reset threshold value), e.g. for increasing counters