Variables is a highly graphical and intuitive data analysis package. Explore your data, create sophisticated models and prepare stunning visualizations, all with your fingertips.
- descriptive analysis of both numerical and categorical variables
- visualizations of the distribution of a single variable, like histogram and kernel density estimates
- measuring association between variables (for example, correlation and covariance)
- plotting two variables versus each other to create a scatterplot
- all of the above, but classified by categories taken from another variable
- powerful and visual model building tools that currently include Linear, Logistic and Poisson regressions... More Info »
And in addition Variables determines the most appropriate type of analysis based on the kind of your data and the model structure you suggest!
Currently Variables can import data from CSV (comma-separated values, but in truth semicolon- or tab-separated values are fine too) and can export tables as RTF or plain text and graphs as PDF or PNG.
"If the statistics are boring, then you've got the wrong numbers". -- Edward R. Tufte