Free USBImager Alternatives
The most popular alternative is balenaEtcher, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 7 alternatives to USBImager so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting USBImager alternatives are dd (Free, Open Source), Win32 Disk Imager (Free, Open Source), SUSE Studio ImageWriter (Free, Open Source) and ROSA Image Writer (Free, Open Source).
- balenaEtcher is a free and open-source image burner with support for Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux. It makes USB and SD card image burning as simple and fast as possible.
- Command-line utility for Unix and Unix-like operating systems to convert and copy a file.
- A utility that can write a raw backup image of your hard drive to a removable device or vice versa.
- Utility for writing raw disk images & hybrid isos to USB keys.
- Optical drives are rapidly disappearing from our computers of all kinds, and consequently installing operating systems from USB flash disks is becoming increasingly popular.
- A tool for easily flashing or creating raw disk images (aka dd images) under Windows.
- (Straight up rufus for Linux users )
The mkusb tool was developed to make it simpler and safer to create boot drives with the method to flash or clone an iso image or a compressed image file. It is using dd under the hood.