Free TwistPad Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Notepad++, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to TwistPad so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting TwistPad alternatives are Visual Studio Code (Free), Vim (Free, Open Source), Geany (Free, Open Source) and gedit (Free, Open Source).
- Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
- VS Code is more than just a code editor, it provides the tools and extensions to compile, debug, compare, refactor, and even manage code repositories all within a...
- Vim ("Vi IMproved") is an advanced text editor that allows syntax highlighting, word completion and has a huge amount of contributed content. It also has a GUI version called GVim.
- Geany is a small and lightweight Integrated Development Environment. It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few dependencies from other packages.
- Official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. Has syntax highlighting and is suitable for programming, with support for several languages. It is extensible with plugins.
- Binary releases of Visual Studio Code without Microsoft branding, telemetry and licensing.
- GNU nano is a small and friendly text editor.
- Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and webdesigners, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code.
- Most simple text editor. Just plain text, saves in .txt format. Not available for download; bundled with all versions of Windows.
- CudaText is a cross-platform text editor, written in Lazarus.It starts quite fast (0.5 sec with ~30 plugins on CPU Intel Core i3 3Hz).