Open Source TVPaint Animation Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Krita, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 34 alternatives to TVPaint Animation so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting TVPaint Animation alternatives are diagrams.net (Free, Open Source), OpenToonz (Free, Open Source), Synfig Studio (Free, Open Source) and Pencil2D (Free, Open Source).
- Krita is a professional Free and open source (FOSS) painting program. It is made by artists that want to see affordable art tools for everyone withith concept art, texture and matte painters, illustrations and comics.
- diagrams.net (previously draw.io) is a free online diagram drawing application for workflow, BPM, org charts, UML, ER, network diagrams.
- OpenToonz is an animation program that is a free software version of Toonz, the animation software used by Studio Ghibli, amongst others.
- Synfig is a powerful, industrial-strength vector-based 2D animation software package, designed from the ground-up for producing feature-film quality animation with fewer people and resources.
- Pencil2D is an opensource animation/drawing software for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, based on old...
- Tupi is a design and authoring tool for digital artists interested in 2D Animation, fork of the...
- Enve is a new open-source 2D animation software for Linux. You can use enve to create vector animations, raster animations, and even use sound and video files.
- OpenToonz is based on software "Toonz" which was developed by Digital Video S.p.A. in Italy
- Pencil is an animation/drawing software for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon) using both bitmap and vector graphics.
- Tahoma2D is a powerful program for 2D and stop motion animation. Tahoma 2D is based on OpenToonz.