TrueCrypt Alternatives for Windows
There are many alternatives to TrueCrypt for Windows and since it's discontinued a lot of people are looking for a replacement. The most popular Windows alternative is VeraCrypt, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to TrueCrypt and loads of them are available for Windows so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Windows alternatives to TrueCrypt are Cryptomator (Freemium, Open Source), File Lock PEA (Free, Open Source), Windows BitLocker (Paid) and CipherShed (Free, Open Source).
- Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access.
- Platform-independent password-based authenticated encryption of files & folders.
- BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or inappropriately decommissioned computers.
- CipherShed is a program that can be used to create encrypted files or encrypt entire drives (including USB flash drives and external HDDs).
- AES Crypt is an advanced file encryption utility that integrates with the Windows shell or runs from the Linux command prompt to provide a simple, yet powerful, tool for...
- Boxcryptor is an easy-to-use encryption software optimized for the cloud. It allows the secure use of cloud storage services without sacrificing comfort.
- DiskCryptor is the only truly free solution, provided under GNU General Public License (GPLv3), which offers encryption of all disk partitions, including the system partition.
- Encrypto lets you encrypt files before sending them to friends or coworkers. Just drop a file into Encrypto, set a password, and then send it however you normally would — but this time with added security. It’s free for both Mac and Windows.
- A program to mount EncFS folders on Windows and OS X. Works good with LibreOffice documents on Windows 7.Features of EncFSMP: