TextAloud Alternatives for Linux
TextAloud is not available for Linux but there are some alternatives that runs on Linux with similar functionality. The most popular Linux alternative is eSpeak, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to TextAloud and seven of them are available for Linux so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Linux alternatives to TextAloud are VoiceOverMaker (Free), Intelligent Speaker (Freemium), Select and Speak (Paid) and Fala (Free, Open Source).
- eSpeak is a compact open source software speech synthesizer for English and other languages, for Linux and Windows.
- Automatically create natural voice overs for your videos.
Create your own voice overs from your text. A natural sounding voice is automatically generated for your videos.
You are also able to create only natural sounding voices and export them.
- Text to speech extension for a browser. Automatic text detection (can speak without necessary selection), adjustable voice speed, playlist.
- Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) to read any selected text in the browser.
- Fala - A simple text reader is an open source application. A simple software that speaks a text. You can type the text or appoint a file. Fala is just a frontend to festival.
- Experience our world-class, natural-sounding, text-to-speech (TTS) software programs today. Empower your applications with advanced TTS software using VoiceTextTM.
- TTSFox is a text-to-speech WebExtension for Firefox that gives you a speech synthesized reading of any text you select.