Free Spotlight Alternatives for Windows
Spotlight is not available for Windows but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on Windows with similar functionality. The most popular Windows alternative is Everything, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 41 alternatives to Spotlight and 18 are available for Windows so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Windows alternatives to Spotlight are Keypirinha (Free), ueli (Free, Open Source), DocFetcher (Free, Open Source) and CerebroApp (Free, Open Source).
- File and folder lookup tool that searches across local, removable, and network mapped drives.
- A lightning fast and flexible keystroke launcher for Windows. No installation required (portable). Extensible with Python3 plugins.
- Developed with the Electron framework, ueli is the type of tool that adopts simplicity, leaving out any unnecessary options and configuration settings.
- DocFetcher is a portable German/English open source desktop search application. It allows you search the contents of documents on your computer. - You can think of it as Google for your local document repository.
- Cerebro is an open source and free electron-based productivity software alternative to Alfred and Spotlight. It is focused on speed and good UI and UX.
- Zazu is a new open source productivity app, that allows developers to be in the drivers seat.
- Anytxt is Desktop Search Tool with A Powerful Full-Text Search Engine. It is Google Desktop Successor.
- Instantly find files, e-mails, and attachments stored anywhere on your PC with the free Copernic Desktop Search Home.
- CSearcher is a simple and fast free non-indexing search program.
- With Fluent Search, you can search for running apps, browser tabs, in-app content, files and more.