Open Source Cakewalk Alternatives for Linux
Cakewalk is not available for Linux but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on Linux with similar functionality. The most popular Linux alternative is LMMS, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Cakewalk and many of them are available for Linux so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Linux alternatives to Cakewalk are Reaper (Paid), Ardour (Freemium, Open Source), Bitwig Studio (Paid) and Tracktion (Freemium).
- Let's make music with a free, cross-platform tool for your computer.
- Ardour is a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application. Record, edit, and mix on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Rosegarden is a well-rounded audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment.
- Qtractor is an Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework.
- LinuxSampler - free, open source pure software audio sampler with professional grade features.
- A free, easy to use tool for creating music.
- A complete free-software Digital Audio Workstation on GNU/Linux that really works - on accessible hardware.
- Frinika is a free (licensed under GNU GPL) complete music workstation software containing sequencer, midi support, soft synthesizers, audio recorder, piano roll/tracker/notation...
- Luppp is a music creation tool, intended for live use. The focus is on real time processing and a fast, intuitive workflow.
- Seq24 is a minimal loop based midi sequencer. It was created to provide a very simple interface for editing and playing midi loops.