Open Source shMessenger Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Jitsi, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to shMessenger so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting shMessenger alternatives are Zulip (Free Personal, Open Source), Conversations (Free, Open Source), Linphone (Free, Open Source) and Gajim (Free, Open Source).
- Jitsi (previously SIP Communicator) is an audio/video and chat communicator with full encryption that supports protocols such as SIP, XMPP/Jabber, ICQ/AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!
- Zulip is a group chat app in which messages are threaded by topic, helping you have long-running, organized conversations.
- Conversations is a privacy focused, open source XMPP Texting [Jabber] client for Android 4.0+ smart phones with wife-approved easy encryption [OTR, OMEMO, or GPG].[Note]
- Linphone is one of the most famous open source softphones in the world. It is fully SIP-based, for all calling, presence and IM features.
- The goal of Gajim is to provide a full featured and easy to use XMPP client. Gajim works nicely with GNOME, but does not require it to run.
- Open source Jabber (XMPP) client with multi-account support, clean and simple interface. Being both free (as in freedom!
- Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, video chat, and file transfers over many different protocols.
- Digsby is a multiprotocol IM client that lets you chat with all your friends on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber with one simple to manage buddy list.
- What does it do:* Send/receive chat messages* Create/change conversations (rename, add people)* Leave/delete conversation* Notifications
- A simple & beautiful app for Facebook Messenger.
Chat without distractions on any Operating System.