ShareMouse Alternatives for Linux
Barrier is a cross-platform software utility for sharing your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers on your desk. It was forked from Synergy version 1.9's codebase.
- - Barrier is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to ShareMouse.
- - Barrier is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to ShareMouse.
The Barrier project has been unmaintained for a year and a half now, and efforts to continue developing the project have continued in this repo: https://github.com/input-leap/input-leapMore details can be found here: https://github.com/input-leap/input-leap/issues/1414
Comments about Barrier as a Alternative to ShareMouse
cross platform (mac-windows-linux), clipboard share, easy config and free!3
So much simpler, easier to use, and waaay better response time. Log lag at all!0
Synergy combines your desktop devices together in to one cohesive experience. It's software for sharing your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers on your desk. It works on Windows, macOS and Linux.
- - Synergy is the most popular commercial alternative to ShareMouse.
Comments about Synergy as a Alternative to ShareMouse
No file transfer, only basic clipboard sharing (no text formatting, no bitmaps), no profiles, no easy display configuration, no screensaver sync, no lock sync, no pre-login support.0
Input Leap is software that mimics the functionality of a KVM switch, which historically would allow you to use a single keyboard and mouse to control multiple computers by physically turning a dial on the box to switch the machine you're controlling at any given moment.
Input Leap Features
- Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse Emulator: across makes a Bluetooth equipped PC or Mac work as a standard Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo. Thus, you can seamlessly/wirelessly control all your smart devices including computer, smartphone and tablet PC with the computer’s keyboard and...
- - across is the most popular Android alternative to ShareMouse.