Open-Source drive imaging solution coming as Linux-based Live CD (or USB thumb drive) that allows for backup and recovery of partitions or entire hard-drives and computers (both Linux and Windows). The solution provides a beginner-friendly and easy to use graphical user interface, automatically finds network shares, includes the web browser Firefox and more.
The software is based on the Open-Source disk imager 'partclone' which is also used by the well-known software 'Clonezilla'. More Info »
PLEASE NOTE: The program itself has not been updated since 2012. Since it's a live CD that runs apart from any existing OS, it should be safe considering it wouldn't normally execute any code except what's contained on the live CD itself.
* No installation needed; runs from a CD-ROM or a USB stick
* Saves and restores Windows and Linux machines
* Access your files even if you can't log in
* Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files
* Live CD download size is only about 75MB