Open Source PTC Creo Alternatives for Mac
PTC Creo is not available for Mac but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on macOS with similar functionality. The most popular Mac alternative is FreeCAD, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to PTC Creo and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to PTC Creo are SketchUp (Freemium), LibreCAD (Free, Open Source), Autodesk AutoCAD (Paid) and OpenSCAD (Free, Open Source).
- FreeCAD is a general purpose parametric 3D CAD modeler. The development is completely Open Source (LGPL License).
- LibreCAD (originally QCad then CADuntu) is an open source 2D CAD application for Windows, Apple and Linux.
- OpenSCAD is a software for creating solid 3D CAD objects. It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, MS Windows and MacOS.
- Open source 3D geometry modeling system with a robust feature set developed over 20 years.
- OpenModelica – A Free Modelica Environment!
- CAD tool from a parallel universe in which CAD software evolved from Lisp machines rather than drafting tables.
- ImplicitCAD is a programmatic CAD program, implemented in Haskell. Unlike traditional CAD programs, programmatic CAD programs use text descriptions of objects, as in programming.
- HyperFun is a simple specialized high-level programming language.
- Powerfull 3D design tool for 3D printing, virtual reality and game engine. Exports to STL, OBJ, and HTML5 3D websites.
- Archimedes is a free and open source CAD (Computer Aided Design) software. It is a robust system built over Eclipse’s Rich Client Java Platform fully based on plug ins.