POV-Ray Alternatives for Mac
POV-Ray is not available for Mac but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on macOS with similar functionality. The most popular Mac alternative is Adobe Dimension. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try LuxCoreRender or appleseed. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 42 alternatives to POV-Ray and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to POV-Ray are RenderMan (Free Personal), Mitsuba (Free), Kerkythea (Free) and Sunflow Rendering System (Free, Open Source).
- Create high-quality, photorealistic images with the 3D tool made for graphic designers.
- LuxCoreRender is a physically based and unbiased rendering engine. Based on state of the art algorithms, LuxCoreRender simulates the flow of light according to physical equations, thus producing realistic images of photographic quality.
- appleseed is a modern, open source, physically-based rendering engine designed to produce photorealistic images, animations and visual effects.
- PhotoRealistic RenderMan, or PRMan for short, is a proprietary photorealistic RenderMan-compliant renderer.
- Physically based renderer.
- Powerful, feature-rich and fast standalone raytracing renderer.Exporters from Blender and Google SketchUp are also available.
- Sunflow is an open-source rendering system for photo-realistic image synthesis.
- Indigo Renderer is an unbiased, physically based and photorealistic renderer which simulates the physics of light to achieve near-perfect image realism.
- Octane Render is the world's first GPU based, un-biased, physically based renderer. What does that mean?
- Pixie is an open source RenderMan renderer for generating photorealistic images.