The smart to-do app for busy people.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Remember The Milk is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Android & Mac alternative to OnlineNotes.
- - Remember The Milk is the most popular free alternative to OnlineNotes.
Remember The Milk Features
- IFTTT IntegrationYou can connect different services to automatically trigger actions within Remember The Milk using IFTTT.
- Recurring TasksRemember The Milk supports scheduling a task to recur at any frequency, such as daily or weekly.
- Full-Text SearchRemember The Milk lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- SubtasksRemember The Milk allows you to create and manage tasks inside of a parent-main task.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- Works OfflineRemember The Milk can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Dark ModeRemember The Milk supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- RemindersRemember The Milk allows you to set reminders for tasks, events or actions, based on parameters of time, place or condition.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of Remember The Milk.
Org mode is for keeping notes, maintaining TODO lists, planning projects, and authoring documents with a fast and effective plain-text system.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Org mode is the most popular Open Source alternative to OnlineNotes.
Org mode Features
- Task Time TrackingKeep a record of time spent on a task with Org mode.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsOrg mode can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Privacy focusedOrg mode is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- LightweightOrg mode consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Hierarchical StructureOrganize your notes, pages, documents, etc., hierarchically with Org mode.
- Command line interfaceOrg mode either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- PortableOrg mode can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Tomboy is a desktop note-taking application for Linux, Unix, Windows, and Mac OS X. Simple and easy to use, but with potential to help you organize the ideas and information you deal with every day.Suggest and vote on features
wikidPad is a Wiki-like notebook for storing your thoughts, ideas, todo lists, contacts, or anything else you can think of to write down. What makes wikidPad different from other notepad applications is the ease with which you can cross-link your information.Suggest and vote on features
Last update was in November 2018, and various links are dead on their website.
Notational Velocity is a mouseless application for storing and retrieving notes.Suggest and vote on features
Notational Velocity Features
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 2.0 ß5, released in March 2011, can be still downloaded from the official website
- Suggest and vote on features
OneNote Online Features
Quiver is a notebook built for programmers. It lets you easily mix text, code and Markdown within one note, edit code with an awesome code editor, live preview Markdown and LaTeX cells, and find any note instantly via the full-text search.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Quiver is the most popular commercial alternative to OnlineNotes.
- Syntax HighlightingQuiver supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Support for MarkDownQuiver supports MarkDown for document formatting.
- Live PreviewInstantly see what your files and documents look like as you create them.
- Support for LaTeXQuiver supports LaTeX for text and math equation formatting.
- Full-Text SearchQuiver lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Code FormattingQuiver supports code formatting for multiple languages and code styles.
Collect your thoughts, think, write, brainstorm, and create the perfectly looking notes with this powerful, all-purpose, productivity tool.Suggest and vote on features
Outline Knowledge Organizer Features
- Built-in viewerOutline Knowledge Organizer shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
- Ad-freeOutline Knowledge Organizer doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Hierarchical StructureOrganize your notes, pages, documents, etc., hierarchically with Outline Knowledge Organizer.
- Works OfflineOutline Knowledge Organizer can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Spell CheckingOutline Knowledge Organizer can detect and correct all types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- PDF annotationOutline Knowledge Organizer support PDF Annotation for highlighting, notes etc
- Goal Setting Outline Knowledge Organizer can set individual or group goals to meet over a particular period.
- Full-Text SearchOutline Knowledge Organizer lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- Support for GesturesOutline Knowledge Organizer supports touch or mouse gestures and interactions.
Conqu is an easy to use yet powerful task management tool designed to help you conquer your inbox and get things done. With Conqu, you can organize the tasks by criteria that makes sense to you and then find the right task to do at the right time and place.Conqu has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
iOS app last updated in 2012, Android app in 2013.
labfolder is an electronic lab notebook that helps to document, organize and share your research data.
- - labfolder is the most popular SaaS alternative to OnlineNotes.
GeeTeeDee is a fancy, lightweight, easy to use and effective task management software.Suggest and vote on features
The program is no longer updated. Last versions, released in December 2014, can be still downloaded from the official website.
Cheddar keeps your world organized. It's easy to use on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and on the web. Cheddar is super simple and instantly in sync on all of your devices.Cheddar has no features, suggest some!