The most popular alternative is gedit, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 17 alternatives to NoteApp so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting NoteApp alternatives are Kate (Free, Open Source), QOwnNotes (Free, Open Source), Notepad (Free) and Xed (Free, Open Source).
- Official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. Has syntax highlighting and is suitable for programming, with support for several languages. It is extensible with plugins.
- The Kate project develops two main products: KatePart, the advanced editor component which is used in numerous KDE applications requiring a text editing component, and Kate, a MDI...
- Plain text notepad with markdown support and todo list manager for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows, that works together with the notes application of ownCloud.
- Most simple text editor. Just plain text, saves in .txt format. Not available for download; bundled with all versions of Windows.
- A text editor forked from Pluma and Gedit. Xed is the default text editor of Linux Mint. It can be customized and is available in multiple languages.
- TextPad is designed to provide the power and functionality to satisfy the most demanding text editing requirements.
- When you need to create text documents, TextEdit is a highly versatile word processor, including tools to format and layout your page, edit and stylize text, check spelling...
- Use your Browser as your Notepad, take notes while you browse.
- TabNote is a free and offline chrome extension which can use to take notes while you are browsing the web. 🤗
- Text Edit Plus is a lightweight tool that enables users to easily create new text documents or to modify existing ones.